A tour through the world of AOTK
“AOTK is a community like no other, where members have ties way beyond their professional relations”
The AOTK System is an organization of medical-technical committees and is responsible for the development and clinical testing of new devices as well as their educational concepts. It consists of Specialty Technical Commissions and various Expert Groups in which around 120 surgeons work together with engineers on the solution of clinical problems.
For AOCMF specifically, the AOTK CMF oversees Expert Groups in Craniofacial, Facial Trauma & Reconstruction.
Recently developed products
- The MatrixWAVE MMF plate (an adjustable device for precise maxillomandibular fixation)
- Patient-specific orthognathic plates
- A ratcheting mechanism for CMF distractors
- An injectable resorbable plate fastener system for craniofacial trauma and reconstruction
- MatrixNEURO Preformed Mesh (anatomically contoured rigid mesh implant for the reconstruction of medium to large cranial defects)
- SYNTHECEL Dura Repair, a dural substitute based on biosynthesized cellulose technology