"Simulation is transforming surgical education in the 21st century."Daniel Buchbinder, AO Technical Commission
Quality guarantee: Approved by the AO Technical Commission
The AO Technical Commission is an organization of medical-technical committees and is responsible for the development and clinical testing of new devices as well as their educational concepts. It consists of Specialty Technical Commissions and various Expert Groups in which around 120 surgeons work together with engineers on the solution of clinical problems.
For AO CMF specifically, the AO Technical Commission CMF oversees Expert Groups in Craniofacial, Facial Trauma, and Reconstruction.
Get the latest innovation news
Flip through the latest edition of AO Technical Commission Innovations magazine and learn about the latest ideas in the market
AO CMF innovative tools to explore
Latest AO Technical Commission Approved Solutions
AO Technical Commission products
- The MatrixWAVE MMF plate (an adjustable device for precise maxillomandibular fixation)
- Patient-specific orthognathic plates
- A ratcheting mechanism for CMF distractors
- An injectable resorbable plate fastener system for craniofacial trauma and reconstruction
- MatrixNEURO Preformed Mesh (anatomically contoured rigid mesh implant for the reconstruction of medium to large cranial defects)
- SYNTHECEL Dura Repair, a dural substitute based on biosynthesized cellulose technology