AO Davos Courses 2018
03 July 2018
The Davos Courses are the AO Foundation's flagship educational event.Each year the world's leading experts gather in Davos to explore the latest surgical, research, and product advances in the treatment of trauma and musculoskeletal disorders.
The courses are designed to benefit medical professionals at every stage in their careers. The highly interactive, case-based approach to teaching ensures each participant gets the most from their time in Davos. The courses are designed to meet the most pressing needs in each clinical division, and the focus as ever is on promoting excellence in treatment and improving patient care and outcomes.
In addition to the formal educational program, networking activities are organized on the sidelines in the "AO spirit" of international camaraderie.
This year's inspirational courses include:
- AOCMF is back with their popular Masters Courses, especially designed for experienced surgeons. The biggest draw this year is again the international line-up of top AOCMF faculty, specializing in all aspects of cranio-maxillofacial surgery. Each three-day course includes a wet lab, as well as debates, interactive sessions and lectures by expert faculty from around the world.
- AOTrauma offers outstanding education right through from the Basic Principles course to specialty courses and the in-demand Masters Courses–Current Concepts. Participants have 14 different courses to choose from depending on their individual needs and interests. All courses involve interactive sessions in addition to lecture and discussion format.
- AOSpine is offering three modules this year that all include discussion and hands-on elements. Course 1 focuses on microdecompression and endoscopy, Course 2 on endoscopy and percutaneous fixation, and Course 3 on percutaneous fixation and microdecompression.
- AOVET is proud to offer the new masters course "Masters Course–Feline Orthopedics and Traumatology" which addresses the fine bone structure but also the nature of the cat that makes treatment often challenging.
- AORecon presents two advanced-level courses: The two-day AORecon Course "Complex Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty" addresses complex joint replacements and revision surgery. The three-day AOTrauma/AORecon Course "Comprehensive Periprosthetic Fracture Management of the Hip and Knee" is concerned with internal fixation and revision procedures. Both courses include dry bone exercises.
Join us this December in Davos.
Enhance your understanding of complex conditions and new treatments, build your skillset in key areas, and develop lasting contacts with the world-leaders in your field.