Call for Application—AOPEER Teacher Candidates
12 June 2019
AO CMF R&D will sponsor 6 seats (CHF 2,000 each), to attend an AOPEER Teacher Seminar (1/2 day seminar combined with a 1.5 days AOPEER Principles of Clinical Research course) in one of the following venues in 2019:
- Köln, Germany: 28–30 August, 2019
- Freiburg, Switzerland: 25–26 October, 2019
- Davos, Switzerland: 06–08 December, 2019
- Toronto: 9–10 November, 2019
- Boston (date to be confirmed)
The AO Program for Education and Excellence in Research (AOPEER) offers surgeons and researchers tools and training in clinical research through online material and face-to-face courses.
Find out more: www.aopeer.org
The Teacher Seminar is targeted at candidate teachers for the AOPEER program who are interested in going through the selection process according to the AOPEER teacher's guideline.
- Attend the AOPEER level 1 course
- To reflect the content of the Level 1 course and to learn how to prepare as an AOPEER teacher
- To discuss about the target audience
- To address potential challenges / organizational aspects related to educational activities for clinical research in your country
- To plan local AOPEER courses
At the end of this seminar, participants should be able to:
- Apply the content of the AOPEER course curriculum
- Describe the target audience of the AOPEER courses
- Outline the course material of the AOPEER courses (structure, blended concept, available teaching resources)
- Address potential challenges in the AOPEER courses
- Define the prerequisites and selection process to become an AOPEER teacher
- Describe the administrative and organizational aspects related to AOPEER educational activities
- Explain the AOPEER program and outlook on teaching activities for the AOPEER program
These events will be held in English.
AO CMF R&D and AO Clinical Investigation and Documentation will make the final selection—6 seats (each CHF 2,000) are available.
Nominee selection criteria:
- Must be a paying AO CMF member. If not, he/she can apply for membership here
- Actively involved in clinical research including scientific writing (eg. study protocol, grant application, publishing)
- Has attended a Faculty Education Program (FEP) (preferable)